This week has been a little tough for me health wise, but as always I will push on knowing things will get better in no time at all.
Jacob had a wonderful week at school enjoying many a new subject, and working hard at home to keep on top of everything. He had his second badminton lesson today and thoroughly enjoyed it - this may well be the sport he has been looking for.
Emily has been well and working hard at school and at Sylvan. She had art again yesterday and did a wonderful water color of two orca's. She is off to Islandwood camp tomorrow for three nights and four days. This will be her first time ever away and camp, and even though I have no doubt we will miss her terribly, she is so excited I am not sure she will miss us at all.
Maia is absolutely loving school. On Friday night she asked if she was to go to school the next day and when she was told she wasn't, she looked like she would start to cry. During the week in art they were to draw a picture under the heading "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America" and Maia decided for some unknown reason that this meant she should draw a picture of herself atop a platypus! We got an email from her teacher telling us how much she obviously loved being Australian. I promptly informed her that she was in fact born here in the United States, at which she replied "well at least she wasn't the other child who decided to draw Costco as his representation to the US flag!".
David is well doing BJJ left right and centre. He seems to be doing well at work and not all that stressed at present.
Little David has been an enormous challenge this week as he moved to his new home, and is not settling in very well at all. Hopefully things will settle down soon.
Ferida and Steve are currently in Turkey (lucky ducks they are) and will return to Australia at the end of the month. We as always miss them and speak of them often.
So I am off to get a wee sleep in as I have work tomorrow. As always I am thankful for wonderful family, good friends and the occasional piece of bloody good chocolate!
J
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment